AC & DC Speed Adjustable Motors - With or Without Gearboxes
Process control and energy conservation are two primary reasons for using an adjustable speed motor. The benefits of energy consumption are obvious while the benefits that can be provided by an adjustable speed drive are:
- Smoother operation
- Acceleration control
- Adjustable rate of production
- Control of torque or tension
The compact K series of Speed Adjustable Motors are available from 6 to 140 Watts. The single phase 4 pole AC induction motors are combined with inline helical gearboxes with ratios from 3:1 to 200:1. Speed adjustment, from 0-1350rpm is obtained through a knob controlled potentiometer, with an analogue or digital readout.
They are widely used in machine tools, textile machinery, medical appliances, conveying machines, printing mechanism, food machinery, vending machines, packing machinery, and gumming machines and so on.
- Frame size: 60, 70, 80, 90, 104mm
- Gear Ratio: up to 200:1 ( x 10:1 can be added)
- Rated load: up to 30 ft-lb (40Nm)
- AC Motor type: Induction, Reversible, Speed, Torque
- DC Motor type: Brush and Brushless
- Rated output power: 3W~200W(3W-250W for DC version)
- Options: Cooling fan, Brake, Speed control (AC version only)